Scott F. Tucker, DDS
Dr. Scott Franklin Tucker was born and raised in Utah. He graduated as Departmental Valedictorian and Summa Cum Laude from Brigham Young University with a BS in Zoology. He then attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill completing a Doctorate of Dental Surgery with honorsfollowed by a Master’s of Science in Orthodontics.
He is married to Gina Marshall Tucker of Colfax North Carolina. They have four beautiful children Kylie, Dallin, Corbin, and Linlee. They have a golden doodle named Lincoln and an adopted cat named Smokey. He has coached youth soccer, tee-ball, and basketball for many years. As a family they enjoy camping, hiking, beaches, traveling, playing sports, cycling, swimming, and watching college sports.
He became an Orthodontist to help people. He loves to see the improved function and esthetics of the smile through braces and Invisalign. He loves to see the social and psychological improvements that come with an improved smile. He enjoys developing friendships and relationships with patients over the course of treatment.
He spent two years as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Mexico and is now fluent in Spanish. He is currently serving as the Pastor (Bishop) of hislocal Congregation (Ward). He is an Assistant Professor at Wake Forest University school of Medicine. He helps with Resident training and instruction and has lectured at several national meetings. He has also served on several medical school committees and is a team member of the North Carolina Center for Cleft and Craniofacial Care.
Education & Credentials
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Masters in Orthodontics
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Brigham Young University, Bachelors of Science
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- North Carolina Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Association
- National Hispanic Medical Association
- University of North Carolina Orthodontic Alumni Association